Alright, do you remember those incredible Burger King Cini-Minis?!
Man, those used to be my JAM!
1] They have been discontinued
2] They are very high in calories (so probably a good thing)
For example, 6 of the BK Cini-Minis comes out to 810 calories (135 cals for one)! That’s a cini-mini-lotta calories for one mouthful if you ask me!
If anyone knows me well, they know I’m a cinnamon roll LOVER – so I had to find a way to still indulge in my Cini-Mini fix, guilt free.
And here we are…
This super simple homemade recipe seriously reminds me of the BK Cini-Minis, except this version is just 364 calories for WHOLE recipe!
That’s just 60 calories per Cini-Mini, compared to 135 calories for the BK Cini-Mini. Score!
Without further ado, here are the Low-Cal Cini-Minis!
Ingredients for 6 Rolls with icing:
– 1 Joseph’s Lavash Bread
– 1 scoop PEScience Gourmet Vanilla Select Protein OR Quest Nutrition Vanilla Protein powder
– 5g Coconut Flour
– 4g SF/FF Vanilla Pudding Mix
– 3g 0 Cal Sweetener of choice
– 2g Ground Cinnamon
– 4g Splenda Brown Sugar
Ingredients for additional topping/dunking frosting:
-85g 0% FF Greek yogurt
-4g SF/FF Vanilla Pudding Mix
-0 Cal Sweetener to taste
*Note: you don’t “need” this, but I personally love frosting so, the more the better.
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Add all your protein icing ingredients except for Lavash wrap and Splenda brown sugar blend. Add water slowly and mix it up until you have a thick protein icing consistency. Then place in freezer for 5 minutes to cool and thicken up more.
2. While your protein icing is cooling, if you’d like the additional frosting to top/dip this in, whip that up now. Then place in the refrigerator to cool down and thicken up.
3. After 5 minutes is up, lay your Lavash wrap down flat and spread your protein icing on your Lavash wrap. Cover the whole wrap leaving an inch on the outside edges. Then sprinkle your 4g of Splenda brown sugar evenly on top of the icing. Then carefully roll up into a long roll up.
4. Place roll up in the oven for 6ish minutes until slightly golden brown on the outsides.
5. Remove from oven, and slice into 6 rolls.
6. Add your additional frosting on top of each roll, OR use this icing to dip your cini-minis in.
Macros for the each cini-mini (w/o additional frosting on top):
50 Cals/ 6g Protein/ 5.5 Carbs/ <1g Fat
Macros for the each cini-mini (with additional frosting on top):
60 Cals/ 7g Protein/ 7g Carbs/ <1g Fat
Macros for everything:
364 Cals/ 43g Protein/ 41g Carbs/ 3g Fat
If you give these a try, comment below and let me know what you think!